Welome!

I've said yes to being a mama three times and now I'm on a year long adventure of home schooling my children while living in Arkansas. Please join us as we find new adventures.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ben's new hole

and it's not in the yard, like usual. With the  change of the seasons, we also have the change of the teeth around here.

Flashback, to the first days of August, Road trip to my grandma's farm in Iowa. We picked a big bag of apples from her tree to make some sauce and I let each kid have one apple to chew on the trip home. I had to call my grandparents later and warn them about those hard apples they were growing...

So these teeth have been wiggling for a few months. He was even growing in "shark teeth"  behind his wiggly ones.  Thanks goodness the wiggly phase is over and now we hope the teeth will find their rightful place in his mouth.

Since I knew I would need supplies for a good tooth fairy experience, I planned ahead. I gather some Fairy dust from good source while home in San Francisco (Thanks Nicola!) I also kept the special tooth box Ben had received from an Auntie years before (Thanks Caroline!) I had set aside some special money, or so I had thought. 

Near catastrophe for the tooth fairy...
In the afternoon, I look in my computer bag where I thought I stashed the special coins. After bed, I thoroughly look everywhere but no money for this fairy! Then I called my husband and sent him out looking. I asked my FB friends for suggestions. I texted all my neighbors. I even called my mom. No special money within driving distance. Just when I had given up hope and was coming up with a plan B, the tooth fairy came through after all.  My husband was picking up snacks for his all-nighter at work at the local Wingstop when a kind-hearted dad who worked there gave my husband a $2 bill from his own stash. Thank you tooth fairy!

In the end, a little fairy dust and a two dollar bill made for an extra special morning.

For those who may be needing tooth fairy supplies, I got a great tip from another Lifeways mama, Eilsa, about a great resources, Silver Penny for letters and other adorable things. Sure wished I had those little letter last night but I probably would have just had those accidentally packed too! Oh, well, disaster averted.



No comments:

Post a Comment