Welome!

I've said yes to being a mama three times and now I'm on a year long adventure of home schooling my children while living in Arkansas. Please join us as we find new adventures.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Double Edged Sword

I didn't realize how much I was anticipating the arrival of our things. Probably had a little something to do with me only having 2 pairs of shoes here and one pair were flip flops. The morning crept like it never does for me. Then I got a call from ABF to let me know they were on their way to deliver my cubes of goodies. Happy Happy day!

The kids watched as the truck unloaded the forklift and were running around on the sidewalk trying to watch as the forklift move the containers into place. I realized that since they are small they can't see it all but they also want to get close enough to see all the details. So to not miss anything,  they are like little ants running around after you step in their path. 

At one point, the forklift was adjusting the placement and the heavy container was sagging on the forklift, making the whole thing shake. Ben was pointing and was laughing  and said, "That's the heavy one." (one container was full while the other had just a few things.) I guess physics is getting inside him somehow.

My goal was to get the cubes unpacked into the house and try to unload at least 10 boxes. With a little help from our friends and kids (thanks James and Gracie) we made quick work on unloading the cube into the house. I said we, but when I comes to moving that means Bryan.  I stayed inside with Sam and worked on unpacking some quick boxes or routing things.  The kids road their bikes and carried the camping gear into the garage. Ben even started working on his own creation of a bike stand, which may need some redesigning. 

The house is still a wreck from the moving but I unpacked at least 15 boxes.  Well, that's the double edged sword for today. So good to see everything but man, are we inundated with our own stuff?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment